90mg (1cc) subcutaneous injection twice per day
Fuzeon is given by subcutaneous injection in the upper arm, abdomen or anterior thigh. Each injection should be given in a different site than the previous injection and not in a site that has a healing site reaction.
Side effects to report to your doctor:
- Injection site reaction (itching, swelling, redness, pain, tenderness, hardened skin, bumps)
- Bacterial pneumonia
- Hypersensitivity reaction
- Difficulty breathing
- Nausea / vomiting
- Blood in urine
- Feet swelling
- Sleep problems
- Pain / numbness / tingling in feet and hands
- Decreased appetite
- Muscle pain
- Once mixed, Fuzeon must be used immediately or stored in its vial in the refrigerator.
- Never use Fuzeon that doesn't dissolve completely or has undissolved particles after mixing.