Should you be HIV tested? Shouldn't we all? Getting tested for HIV is important but there are circumstances that HIV testing is a must. This is how you know if you must be HIV tested.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Have you had unprotected sex without knowing for sure that your partner was not HIV infected?
- Have you had unprotected sex with someone you know has HIV or AIDS?
- Have you had a sexually transmitted disease like genital herpes or syphilis? Having sexually transmitted diseases makes it easier to get HIV.
- Have you had unprotected sex with a man or woman who has had multiple sex partners?
- Have you had unprotected sex with someone who uses injectable drugs or shares needles?
- Have you had unprotected sex with a man who has had sex with another man?
- Have you paid a man or woman to have sex with you?
- Have you had unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral sex?
- Have you had a blood transfusion or received blood products prior to 1992?
- If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you should have an HIV test.