- 0.5mg (white) tablets
- 1mg (blue) tablets
- Day 1 to Day 3 - 1 white tablet (0.5mg) each day
- Day 4 to Day 7 - 1 white tablet (0.5mg) in the morning and 1 in the evening
- Day 8 to the end of treatment - 1 blue tablet (1mg) in the morning and 1 in the evening
Note: Your doctor may adjust dosing so it is right for you.
- Choose a smoking quit date.
- Start Chantix 1 week before your quit date. You can smoke during this time but make sure you quit on your quit date.
- Take Chantix after eating, with a full eight-ounce glass of water.
- Follow your prescribed dosing schedule.
- If you miss a dose, take one as soon as you remember.
- If you remember a missed dose close to the scheduled time for your next dose, just take your next dose. Do Not Take a Double Dose to Catch Up
Side Effects to Report to Your Doctor:
- changes in sleep and dreaming patterns
There are other, less common side effects. If you notice any changes in your physical or mental condition after starting Chantix, notify your doctor.
- if you have kidney disease or are on dialysis, your doctor can adjust your dose accordingly
- if you are pregnant or have plans to become pregnant
- if you are breastfeeding
- if you are taking prescription drugs such as insulin, asthma medications, or blood thinners
- Chantix is not recommended for people under the age of 18
Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over the counter medications you take before starting Chantix.
For More Information:
Source: Pfizer Labs; "Chantix Patient Information"; New York, May 2006.