The HIV and AIDS Medications that Keep Us Healthy
- Understanding Your Medications
- Better Adherence Means Less Resistance
- Avoiding Opportunistic Infections and Illness
- Breakthroughs and Advances in HIV Care
- Minimize Medication Side Effects
Understanding Your Medications
Experts around the world and from every corner of HIV care and research agree that HIV medications work. It is widely accepted that the advent of HIV medications has lengthened life spans to near normal time frames. But it is not just as simple as taking a pill everyday. HIV medications can be difficult and hard to take at times. But understanding your medicines can make taking them much easier. This collection of resources will help you understand your medications and in turn help you take them and benefit from their proven effectiveness.
- Medication Resources - Index
- HIV Medication Fact Sheets
- HIV Treatment Guidelines
- The More You Know the Easier Medications Become
- What HIV Meds Will You Be On First?
- About.com's Drug Finder
- Medications to Treat Hepatitis - Information for the Co-Infected
- Medications Help the Immune System Fight off HIV
- Antibiotic & Pain Med Fact Sheets
- Making Meds More Affordable
Better Adherence Means Less Resistance
Taking your medications exactly as prescribed each and every day is the key to a successful treatment regimen. Poor adherence means resistance and resistance typically results in a drug regimen failure. Assembled here are some of About.com's best medication adherence resources to help you avoid resistance and regimen failure.
- HIV Rebound and Resistance - The Damage Caused by Poor Adherence
- 10 Adherence Tips That Can Work For You
- Adherence Approaches That Will Work For You
- Understanding Drug Resistance Testing
- Why is Adherence So Difficult?
- Causes For Poor Adherence
- Online Adherence Course - Absolutely Free!
- Adherence Strategies
- Thinking Outside the Box to Make Taking Your Meds Easier
- Does Drug Cost Affect Medication Adherence?
Avoiding Opportunistic Infections and Illness
Medicines treat what ails us but the best way to stay healthy is to avoid illness all together. By way of regular health screenings, vaccinations, and medications you can live a healthier more fulfilling life.
- Antibiotic / Prophylaxis Fact Sheets
- Understand Your Vaccinations - Immunization Guidelines
- 10 Ways to Ward Off Infection
- Staying Healthy Through Regular Health Screenings
Breakthroughs and Advances in HIV Care
Thanks to the work of thousands of HIV scientists, there are new medication and treatment options coming onto the market all the time. Fewer pills to take each day; fewer side effects; fewer doses each day; all the work of clinical trials and the researchers developing new drugs. These resources explain how clinical trials work and what new medications, breakthroughs, and advances in HIV care are in the pipeline.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Entering a Clinical Trial
- Understanding Medication Research & Clinical Trials
- Could You Benefit from Medical Marijuana?
- Will the New Secretary of Health & Human Services Help HIV?
- The New Word on Drug Holidays
- Thinking Outside the Box - New Ways to Treat HIV
- Entry Inhibitors - Shutting the Door on HIV
- Using HIV Tropism to Guide Medication Choices
- New Test Identifies Those at Risk of Abacavir Reaction
- Early Treatment is Better Studies Say
Minimize Medication Side Effects
It's a fact of life with HIV; some of the medications have side effects. But new medications making it to the market have fewer, less troublesome side effects. But, unfortunately HIV medication side effects can still be a problem for some people. This collection of links, resources, and features will give you the information you need to deal with those pesky side effects.
- Tips to Overcome Those Medication Side Effects
- Relieve the Pain and Burning of Peripheral Neuropathy
- Viagra - Side Effects You Need to Know About
- The Dangers of Vicodin
- Depression and How to Deal With the Symptoms