- 5mg (tan, shield-shaped)
- 10mg (peach, shield-shaped)
- 20mg (orange, shield-shaped)
- 40mg (pink, shield-shaped)
- 80mg (pink, oval)
- Zocor should be taken with a full glass of water.
- Should be taken at bedtime or with the evening meal.
- If you take Zocor more than once per day it should be taken with meals.
Side Effects To Report To Your Doctor:
- muscle inflammation and breakdown
If you develop any muscle pain, tenderness, weakness with fever, dark colored urine, or flu symptoms see your doctor immediately. These symptoms could be the sign of a serious, potentially fatal side effect sometimes seen in people taking statins.
Drug Interactions or Incompatibility:
- The potential from muscle breakdown caused by statins is increased when they are given together with other medications such as:
- cyclosporine (Sandimmune)
- gemfibrozil (Lopid)
- nicotinic acid (smoking)
- Should be used with caution in people with liver disease or taken in conjunction with alcohol.
- Grapefruit juice can increase blood levels of Zocor